Nikki Florence Thompson teaches creative writing at the Australian Catholic University. Nikki has an MA in creative writing, a PhD in Literature, and is a blogger and published author. Her memoir, Fight, Flight and Faith tackles grief and anxiety at a very personal level.
What is Gracewriting?
Latest Podcast Episodes
Alison Joy writes contemporary romance set in fascinating travel locations. She talks about finding inspiration in location and culture, managing “heat levels” in romance, and the challenge of working out what God wants her to write.
Lynne Castelijn writes stories about life in a Philippine jungle for social media. She reveals her unique style and format, and how vulnerability, though terrifying, has created deep connections with other people.
More blog posts and podcast episodes
- ￼Gracewriters Podcast #50: Bible Translator Albert Castelijn on the Miracle of Communication
- ￼Gracewriters Podcast #49: Karen Kepert, Children’s Picture Book Author and Songwriter
- Gracewriters Podcast #48: Author Nicci Toomey on the power of honesty on social media￼
- ￼Gracewriters Podcast #47: Writing Coach and Author Laura Thomas on Facing Rejection and Finding Your Path
- Gracewriters Podcast #46: Chrissy Garwood on Writing Christian Romantic Suspense and Fantasy￼
- Gracewriters Podcast #45: Donita Bundy on Writing Multi-POV Christian Urban Fantasy￼
- Gracewriters Podcast #44: Nikki Florence Thompson on Anxiety and Faith in Life and Publishing￼
- Gracewriters Podcast #43: Children’s Singer/Songwriter Colin Buchanan on Finding Inspiration and Making a Difference￼
- Gracewriters Podcast #42: Kristen Young on Writing Young Adult Christian Fantasy and Non-Fiction￼
- Gracewriters Podcast #41: Author, Speaker, Physician, and Photographer Dr Ernest Crocker
Some Christian writers feel guilty that they can’t get on with their writing, because their minds are scrambled by pandemic stress. Many don’t want to use the word “fear” because they are afraid it sounds unspiritual or maybe even a sin. But I am willing to tell you straight out: I have experienced fear outbursts […]
This week, Gracewriters welcomes guest contributor Donita Bundy, with inspiration and encouragement to point us toward Jesus during this very strange Easter 2020. Last Sunday was Palm Sunday, the day we remember and celebrate Christ’s triumphal entry into Jerusalem riding on a donkey, an animal symbolising humility, peace and Davidic royalty. The streets of Jerusalem […]
While I was preparing this topic for Gracewriters this week, my computer suddenly went dark and quiet and smelled like burnt toast. Stuff happens, but it’s interesting timing. Other Christian writers are facing heightened challenges at this time, from practical difficulties to flare-ups of chronic illnesses to conflict at home. It’s important not to over-spiritualise […]
A thoughtful guest post by author, blogger and photographer, Donita Bundy. After spending time last week with God in isolation – curled into the foetal position from debilitating chronic pain – the intimacy evaporated as soon as I stepped back into the slipstream of life. Last week’s connection has been replaced with busyness and clutter. I […]
If Christians are the People of the Book, then why do most of the bestsellers belong to the enemies of faith? Gracewriters is about changing popular culture, one word at a time. For too long, Christians have been presented in the arts as fools or serial killers. Popular culture is powerful. It has shifted society's view about things that … [Read more] about About