Lisa Boucher has trained polo horses, worked as a flight attendant, hairdresser and bartender, and then reconstructed her life as a registered nurse. Lisa’s books help women overcome alcoholism, and she draws from her rich life experience to encourage readers to stop micromanaging and surrender to God.
What is Gracewriting?
Latest Podcast Episodes
Gracewriters Podcast #58: Steven James, bestselling suspense author, writing teacher and rule breaker
Steven James is the author of 18 bestselling thrillers and winner of 4 Christy Awards. His non-fiction titles include STORY TRUMPS STRUCTURE and TROUBLESHOOTING YOUR NOVEL for Writer’s Digest, and he challenges us to defy the so-called “rules” of writing fiction.
Gracewriters Podcast #57: Andrina Rijken on finding wonder in an “ordinary life”
Author and speech pathologist Andrina Rijken talks about the value of an “ordinary person’s” inspirational writing, and how God can use each one of us.
More blog posts and podcast episodes
- Gracewriters Podcast #56: Donny Abbott on being inspired by great art
- Gracewriters Podcast #55: Stepping into the New Writing Year
- Gracewriters Podcast #54: Kathy Escobar on writing about a Blue Christmas
- Gracewriters Podcast #53: Nikki Florence Thompson on Why Writing Isn’t Easy
- Gracewriters Podcast #52: Alison Joy, Author of Travel-Based Romance￼
- ￼Gracewriters Podcast #51: Instagram Mini-Blogger Lynne Castelijn
- ￼Gracewriters Podcast #50: Bible Translator Albert Castelijn on the Miracle of Communication
- ￼Gracewriters Podcast #49: Karen Kepert, Children’s Picture Book Author and Songwriter
- Gracewriters Podcast #48: Author Nicci Toomey on the power of honesty on social media￼
- ￼Gracewriters Podcast #47: Writing Coach and Author Laura Thomas on Facing Rejection and Finding Your Path
How Can We Help You Make a Difference?
As writers of faith, our goals are often deeper, wider and have an eternal perspective. Tell us your challenges. Share your inspiration.
Christian writers: Heal your stress, find your purpose
Some Christian writers feel guilty that they can’t get on with their writing, because their minds are scrambled by pandemic stress. Many don’t want to use the word “fear” because they are afraid it sounds unspiritual or maybe even a sin. But I am willing to tell you straight out: I have experienced fear outbursts […]
Easter, behind closed doors
This week, Gracewriters welcomes guest contributor Donita Bundy, with inspiration and encouragement to point us toward Jesus during this very strange Easter 2020. Last Sunday was Palm Sunday, the day we remember and celebrate Christ’s triumphal entry into Jerusalem riding on a donkey, an animal symbolising humility, peace and Davidic royalty. The streets of Jerusalem […]
When Christian writing is a battlefield
While I was preparing this topic for Gracewriters this week, my computer suddenly went dark and quiet and smelled like burnt toast. Stuff happens, but it’s interesting timing. Other Christian writers are facing heightened challenges at this time, from practical difficulties to flare-ups of chronic illnesses to conflict at home. It’s important not to over-spiritualise […]
When we can’t seem to stay close to God…
A thoughtful guest post by author, blogger and photographer, Donita Bundy. After spending time last week with God in isolation – curled into the foetal position from debilitating chronic pain – the intimacy evaporated as soon as I stepped back into the slipstream of life. Last week’s connection has been replaced with busyness and clutter. I […]
If Christians are the People of the Book, then why do most of the bestsellers belong to the enemies of faith? Gracewriters is about changing popular culture, one word at a time. For too long, Christians have been presented in the arts as fools or serial killers. Popular culture is powerful. It has shifted society's view about things that … [Read more] about About