Jodie McCarthy writes quiet, contemplative words in the midst of a noisy and painful world. Her books of poetry and prayers are transparent expressions of grief and loss, but also hope and healing. Jodie is also honest about the times when creative writing needs to take a back seat for a season.
What is Gracewriting?
Latest Podcast Episodes
Donita Bundy is an urban fantasy author, writing teacher, and preacher. She writes the Armour of Light series of spiritual warfare stories set in near-future versions of Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities of Revelation. Donita has useful tips for those writing on ‘Last Days’ themes, and encouragement for all of us who Gracewrite in an increasingly hostile and difficult world.
Book publicist Jason Jones works with authors and publishers around the world, producers and editors at some of America’s major news outlets and hundreds of faith-based media outlets. Host of the Book Publicist podcast, he has led campaigns for 11 New York Times best-sellers. He talks about the changing face of book promotion, including the rise of social media and podcasts.
More blog posts and podcast episodes
- Gracewriters Podcast #65: Belinda Pollard on publishing new editions of books
- Gracewriters Podcast #64: Jack Countryman on writing Bible devotionals and defying age barriers
- Gracewriters Podcast #63: Jo Swinney on co-writing family memoir amid grief
- Gracewriters Podcast #62: Author Mazzy Adams on pressing into God when writing is hard
- Gracewriters Podcast #61: Roma Flood on writing that blesses despite grief and trauma
- Gracewriters Podcast #60: Jubilee Lipsey on writing biblical fiction
- Gracewriters Podcast #59: Author Lisa Boucher on letting go of the reins
- Gracewriters Podcast #58: Steven James, bestselling suspense author, writing teacher and rule breaker
- Gracewriters Podcast #57: Andrina Rijken on finding wonder in an “ordinary life”
- Gracewriters Podcast #56: Donny Abbott on being inspired by great art
Some Christian writers feel guilty that they can’t get on with their writing, because their minds are scrambled by pandemic stress. Many don’t want to use the word “fear” because they are afraid it sounds unspiritual or maybe even a sin. But I am willing to tell you straight out: I have experienced fear outbursts […]
This week, Gracewriters welcomes guest contributor Donita Bundy, with inspiration and encouragement to point us toward Jesus during this very strange Easter 2020. Last Sunday was Palm Sunday, the day we remember and celebrate Christ’s triumphal entry into Jerusalem riding on a donkey, an animal symbolising humility, peace and Davidic royalty. The streets of Jerusalem […]
While I was preparing this topic for Gracewriters this week, my computer suddenly went dark and quiet and smelled like burnt toast. Stuff happens, but it’s interesting timing. Other Christian writers are facing heightened challenges at this time, from practical difficulties to flare-ups of chronic illnesses to conflict at home. It’s important not to over-spiritualise […]
A thoughtful guest post by author, blogger and photographer, Donita Bundy. After spending time last week with God in isolation – curled into the foetal position from debilitating chronic pain – the intimacy evaporated as soon as I stepped back into the slipstream of life. Last week’s connection has been replaced with busyness and clutter. I […]
If Christians are the People of the Book, then why do most of the bestsellers belong to the enemies of faith? Gracewriters is about changing popular culture, one word at a time. For too long, Christians have been presented in the arts as fools or serial killers. Popular culture is powerful. It has shifted society's view about things that … [Read more] about About