- To help Gracewriters to grow in skill and confidence.
- To develop a supportive community with positive and useful feedback on our writing.
- To promote the work of fellow Gracewriters.
This will be an evolving process.
At this stage we plan to issue a challenge every two months. The topic will be announced at the monthly Zoom meeting and then posted to the Gracewriters forum.
Writers will have until the next Zoom catch up (ie the first Saturday of the month) to post their written piece for feedback from other members of the forum, and then the finished work.
- We will be inviting submissions based on a chosen theme/topic.
- Maximum length is 600 words.
- You may write in any form you like – devotion, story, poem, song etc.
- Post your finished piece to the Gracewriters forum.
- Tag your post with the topic GRACEWRITERS WRITING CHALLENGE.
- Title it with the month of the challenge and the theme/topic, eg “Nov 2021 Seasons”.
- If you make changes in response to feedback, you are welcome to post your piece again, with the same tag and title, and the word FINAL in the title.
Some pieces may be chosen to appear on the Gracewriters blog
- You will be asked for permission before your work is posted.
- You will retain copyright and be able to use the piece elsewhere.
- We ask that you don’t publish it online somewhere else within a couple of weeks, as that can damage our website in Google’s eyes.
- Be respectful.
- Give specific feedback about what you liked and why, or what you think might help improve a piece.
- Couch your feedback as suggestions, never “you should…”
- Apart from asking or answering specific questions about the piece and saying thanks, the writer does not enter into discussion about the feedback they receive.
Feedback can be either warm or cool.
Examples of WARM feedback
- I really like how you…
- You did a good job at…
- It was really interesting how you…
Examples of COOL feedback
- You may want to consider…
- Have you thought about…
- It was unclear to me when/how…